The Psychological Association of PEI sponsors four awards annually:
1. PAPEI Elizabeth Fox Percival Professional Award
This award shall be made to individuals who, in the opinion of the PAPEI Award Committee, have made significant contribution to the profession of Psychology on PEI. The award is not presented every year. The recipient of this award should be an individual who meets at least one of the following criteria:
1. Whose work has substantially influenced the methods, setting and/ or persons involved in applied practice, in ways of significant benefit to the profession and its clients;
2. Whose empirical research has substantially enhanced the knowledge base of professional psychology;
3. Whose substantial influence has been exerted through leadership as a teacher, as a clinician, as a theorist, and/ or as a spokesperson in public and/ or professional arenas; or
4. Whose work has had the effect of bringing substantial changes in practice or training performed by others, or redirection of efforts in applied work.
In whatever the individual’s contributions are regarded as distinguished, the impact of the work shall have been on psychology as a profession in PEI.
2. PAPEI Humanitarian Award
This award shall be conferred upon outstanding individuals or organizations whose commitment and persistent endeavors have significantly enhanced the psychological health and well-being of persons in the province of PEI. The recipient of this award should meet the following criteria:
1. The individual or group must be residents in PEI at the time of the award;
2. The organization should be based in PEI or have a significant presence on PEI;
3. The contribution must be shown to have made a significant and demonstrable impact on the psychological health and well being of the Island community; and
4. The goal of the contribution must be to enhance the psychological health and well being of the Island community and not for self advancement.
For both the Elizabeth Fox Percival Professional Award and the Humanitarian Award, the nomination procedures are:
1. Nominations can be made by any member of the Prince Edward Island Psychological Association.
2. A call for nominations to all members is usually made in September of each year with the deadline in mid October.
3. Nominations, accompanied with supporting materials, should be submitted to the Attention of PAPEI President.
4. Nominations will be reviewed by the PAPEI Awards Committee with awards to be announced and presented at the PAPEI AGM in November.
Special notes: PAPEI and the PAPEI Awards Committee reserve the right to not give either award in any given year, and members of the PAPEI Awards Committee are deemed ineligible for nominations.
3. PAPEI Convocation Award to Outstanding UPEI Psychology Major
This annual PAPEI award, valued at $500, is presented to the outstanding graduating Psychology major as chosen by the UPEI Department of Psychology. The award considers a positive combination of academic success and contributions to the Department of Psychology.
4. PAPEI Science Fair Awards
Each April, at the Provincial Science Fair, PAPEI presents three $75 awards to outstanding projects on a psychological theme. Prizes are normally awarded in each of the Junior, Intermediate, and Senior categories.