Welcome to the Psychological Association of PEI
The Purposes of the Psychological Association of PEI
- To promote an awareness of, and interest in, the discipline and practice of psychology in Prince Edward Island.
- To encourage interaction among those persons involved in all aspects of psychological services.
- To arrange for informed discussions of issues, practices, and approaches within the science of psychology.
- To develop an authoritative voice to speak to interest groups, and government, regarding social policy and relevant human management concerns.
- To represent the interests of Prince Edward Island Psychologists at a regional or national level.
- To assist in the establishment of professional standards, qualifications and ethical boundaries for psychologists on Prince Edward Island.
- To lay the groundwork of the establishment of a clearinghouse for public information and services in psychology which are available to the citizens of Prince Edward Island.